Nous sommes le 23 Nov 2017, 02:05

Triangle Dungeon Twister Tournament -- Jan 16 in NC, USA 
Auteur Message

Message Triangle Dungeon Twister Tournament -- Jan 16 in NC, USA
Hi,

I'm the Southeast U.S. regional manager for the International League Dungeon Twister and I'm going to be organizing a Dungeon Twister tournament in the Triangle area.

I'm going to try to set it up for Saturday, January 16 assuming that I can find a suitable location. I found out that we will have DT goodies to give away as prizes.

My goal is eventually to have 3-4 tournaments a year in NC or southern VA at different locations - Triangle, Triad, Charlotte, Richmond, etc. ...

Please post here if you are interested in participating.

Thanks and Happy twisting,

Geoff

21 Oct 2009, 15:36

There is a BGG thread that will be updated with information about the tournament. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4095512#4095512

The location will be my FLGS, scifigenre. To check them out see http://www.scifigenre.com.

Thanks,

Geoff

21 Oct 2009, 21:12
Prince d'Orl

Have you some goodies ?

"Dungeon Twister c'est comme les endives : plus t'en manges et plus t'apprécies" - Marco le 15/09/2008

28 Oct 2009, 16:41
Profil YIM Site Internet

I have 11-12 players interested in participating. That's enough to make plans.
I'm sure by January I'll have some changes in the players who want to participate.

Gamethyme said he would send me some US goodies for the tournament.

The real surprise to me is that someone wants to drive here from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- about 400 miles (645 km). I'm surprised someone will spend 7 hours in the car to make it.

That shows us that there are excited Dungeon Twister fans and players in the US. We just need to build the tournament scene to encourage them.

Geoff

28 Oct 2009, 16:51
Ghost

I live in Kansas, so I most likely will not be able to attend your tournament. That is a drive beyond my endurance. LOL! I have a question for a fellow American, however. How do I become an official LIDT member? My search fu is pretty weak and I did not see anything obvious on the main page.

Thanks,
Mike

05 Nov 2009, 06:50

I found the registration stuff buried in the news section...

http://www.dungeontwister.org/news_lire.php?id=18

You have to fill out the form and send money via paypal. Hopefully, we'll get some goodies together before long....

Maybe you could start some tournaments in the center of the US. Welcome to the community!

Geoff

05 Nov 2009, 07:17

Here is a copy of the geekmail I sent to all interested participants regarding the format and prizes for the tournament.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share an update with everyone on more details for the Dungeon Twister Tournament.

I've confirmed the date and location. It will be on Jan. 16 at scifigenre in Durham ( http://www.scifigenre.com). Registration will start at noon and we will hopefully start the first round at 12:30.

The format will be 3 or 4 rounds depending on the number of participants. If we have less than 8 it will be 3 round, 8-16 players will necessitate 4 rounds. Each round will be 1 hour, including setup and playing the game.

The first round will be stand alone with either the base game from 1st edition or DT:Prison. After that, they can be stand alone or equal forces full frontal, with the participants in each game agreeing on which expansions to be used. That way, noone will be forced to play with an expansion they are not familiar with. I think that we have a mix of experienced and novice players, so hopefully that is agreeable to everyone. I'm open to other suggestions if someone has a better idea about the format.

I think the first two rounds will be played to 5 VP, but in later rounds we'll increase to 6 VP.

As far as timing the rounds, I hope that this will only need to be an issue if there is any analysis paralysis. Each player is supposed to only use 2 minutes/turn and place the tokens and play combat cards in a few seconds. We just need to keep the games moving.

If you have a kitchen timer that you can bring along to use at the event, that would be great.

A copy of the tournament rules from the IDTL can be found here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ATYeA ... 2eF80N3....

As far as prizes: I've received a pack of the US tournament goodies which consists of: Ogre, Beggar, Disciple, Arch-Mage Treasure Rooms, Neutral Clerics, Neutral Mekanorks, base set gender reversed stand-ups, and base set Arabian stand-ups. We'll allocate the goodies starting with the winner. Each player will get to choose one of the eight goodies (in finishing order) until they run out. It may be that some people won't want them (I don't need them), but we'll find out that day.

As far as registering in advance -- It will save time if everyone can set up an account with the IDTL at http://www.dungeontwister.org. This does not cost any money -- it's just a way for you to get a IDTL player number.

Also, please send me your email addresses. I think it will be easier to communicate by email than geekmail. Thanks. My email address is heintzelman@alumni.duke.edu.

Please be patient, as this is the first tournament I've organized. I'm sure that the next ones will go much more smoothly. We'll also discuss a location for the next tournament if people are interested in having another one.

Thanks again for expressing an interest in the tournament. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to holding them on a regular basis.

I also hope that you are all enjoying DT:Prison. I'm enjoying it as well, but the solo option is really challenging...

Geoff

29 Déc 2009, 20:00

Believe it or not the tournament is just about two weeks away.

It would be helpful to know how many to expect, so please let me know if you can or cannot make it on January 16th, and if you're bringing any friends along to participate.

NC Triangle Dungeon Twister Tourney

Place: scifigenre in Durham ( http://www.scifigenre.com). Please let me know if you need directions or suggestions for places to eat or stay.

Time: Registration starts at 12:00 with the first round (hopefully) beginning at 12:30

Format: 3-4 rounds. The first two rounds will be to 5 VP, subsequent rounds to 6 VP. First round with either the base game or DT: Prison. 2nd and later rounds can be played with expansions by mutual consent of the participants (stand alone or full frontal equal forces).

It will save time if everyone can set up an account with the IDTL at http://www.dungeontwister.org. This does not cost any money -- it's just a way for you to get a IDTL player number.

If you can send me your email address, I would appreciate it. Mine is heintzelman@alumni.duke.edu. I will also be willing to distribute my cell number by email, but I won't post it here.

Also, I'd also like to start thinking about where to have the next tournament in the SE. If the Triangle is a central location for everyone, we can continue to hold them here, but I would prefer to have them elsewhere in the region -- Charlotte, Greensboro, Richmond, Winston-Salem, etc...

Thanks and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Geoff
Last edited on 2009-12-29 11:59:20 CST (Total Number of Edits: 2)

29 Déc 2009, 20:01

Message The latest information...
Hi everyone,

Only two more days to the 1st Dungeon Twister Tournament in North America since the release of DT:Prison!

I just wanted to touch base with some information.

If you can, please register on http://www.dungeontwister.org so that you get a league number before the tourney. It will save me some time entering the results after the tournament.

Also, please bring a kitchen timer or stopwatch along if you can. I hope we don't have to be really strict with the timing the turns, but I don't know if this will be a problem since it's my first tournament.

It is not unlikely that we will have an odd number of players. If this is the case, then one player will need to take a bye during each round. I'll have my copy of Prison, so they could play solo while waiting. :)

The structure will be: three rounds if we have 8 players or less, four rounds if we have more than 8. First round is to be played with either the base game or Prison. After then expansions may be used if both players agree. The first two rounds will be played to 5 VP -- 1 hour allowed (15 min setup, and 45 for the game). The last round(s) will be played to 6 VP and the games will last 1 hr.

I can explain the rest on Saturday. We'll be playing Swiss rounds so there is no early elimination.

The prizes have arrived in Durham. Each player starting from 1st place gets their choice of bonus Dungeon Twister pieces until we run out.

Please bring along whatever expansions or Dungeon Twister games you own.

See you then and safe traveling for those of you driving a fair way to Durham!

Let me know if you have any questions about anything...

Geoff

15 Jan 2010, 07:50

19 Jan 2010, 02:28

It went very well. We had 12 (!) people and everyone had a great time. I'm working on a full summary and have pictures to add. I will post it all here soon...

Geoff

19 Jan 2010, 03:40

I've posted the pictures in my user gallery at boardgamegeek http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/user/74960/gheintze.

I've submitted a session report about the tournament. As soon as it's approved, I'll add it here and as a news item on the front page.

Thanks for being interested!

Geoff

19 Jan 2010, 06:15

The results are on the front page of the league website and on BGG here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4509426

I can't figure out how to post pictures with the news on the front page. Can anybody help with that?

Next tournament -- May 22nd, 2010.

Geoff

19 Jan 2010, 07:15
Prince d'Orl

The results are on the front page of the league website and on BGG here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4509426

I can't figure out how to post pictures with the news on the front page. Can anybody help with that?

Next tournament -- May 22nd, 2010.

Geoff

Send an @mail to Nemaod... He is the one who can to upload your images....and he will give the name of all your images ;)

j'ai traduit, mais j'ai pas fini, j'ai du travail ! :(

"Dungeon Twister c'est comme les endives : plus t'en manges et plus t'apprécies" - Marco le 15/09/2008

19 Jan 2010, 10:38
Profil YIM Site Internet
Prince d'Orl

And if you want register the resultats in the website , you can't becouse three players haven't register : Ben, Kevin et Ryan

19 Jan 2010, 10:51
Profil YIM Site Internet

Hahaha. One of your players is called "Zugzwang"? :lol:
I like that! Up to now I didn't know it existed as a loanword.

19 Jan 2010, 11:04

And if you want register the resultats in the website , you can't becouse three players haven't register : Ben, Kevin et Ryan

Oops, Ryan is called Evernight.

Still waiting to see if Ben and Kevin will register.

Geoff

19 Jan 2010, 14:18
Prince d'Orl

:( hooooo ! Who have deleted my translation in French :( ?

:lol:

20 Jan 2010, 10:20
Profil YIM Site Internet

I was trying to figure out what happened. I bet it was the stupid automatic translate program from google.

I'm sorry about that...

Anything I can do to fix it?

Geoff

20 Jan 2010, 14:26