Nous sommes le 23 Juil 2017, 06:47

Next Durham, NC Tournament -- May 22, 2010 
Auteur Message

Message Next Durham, NC Tournament -- May 22, 2010
After having a successful tournament this past weekend in Durham, NC (see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/485 ... f-the-1s...), I would like to announce the 1st NC Open in Durham which will happen on May 22nd, 2010.

The format will be the same as last time -- 1st and 2nd rounds are 45 min or 5 VP, 3rd and later are 60 min or 6 VP. Again, expansions can be used by mutual consent of the two players, but I hope that more will be used this time as we become more experienced players.

We will stick to the same times -- registration starts at noon and the first round will begin between 12:30 and 12:45. For your reference, using this same format the last tournament ended at 5:30.

I hope that we will again be at scifigenre in Durham and I'm working to confirm this. I will also try to get prizes for this event.

In the meantime, please try to promote the game in your own area so that we can have even bigger participation in this event. Also, if there is enough interest in your city to hold a tournament there, we can do that -- just let me know.

It is also possible to hold smaller local tournaments at your games group or boardgaming night at your FLGS. I can also help you to set that up.

I would also like to encourage you to join the LIDT at http://www.dungeontwister.org.

I hope to see many of you again or to meet you for the first time in May. Please post here if you are interested in participating...

Geoff

19 Jan 2010, 23:02

We will be at scifigenre again (http://www.scifigenre.com) in their cool dungeon/prison atmsophere.

We will also have the US tournament goodies to give away as prizes again.

Geoff

25 Jan 2010, 17:10

Message May 22 North Carolina Tournament
We're only about one month away from the next Dungeon Twister Tournament in North Carolina.

Please email me at heintzelman@alumni.duke.edu if you are going to participate.

The International Dungeon Twister League is trying to be more active in the United States and this will be the 2nd tournament to be held in North Carolina. It will be held at SciFi Genre in Durham, NC.

We plan for each player to play 3-4 games (depending on the number of participants). All experience levels are welcome, but you should be familiar with the rules to participate in the tournament. Many of the players at the last tournament were playing for the first or second time and did well -- so newcomers are welcome.

The format will be the same as last time -- 1st and 2nd rounds are 45 min or 5 VP, 3rd and later are 60 min or 6 VP. Again, expansions can be used by mutual consent of the two players, but I hope that more will be used this time as we become more experienced players.

We will again have US tournament goodies as prizes. 1 set of rooms, 3 bonus characters, 2 sets of variant art, and 2 sets of neutral pawns.

We will stick to the same times -- registration starts at noon and the first round will begin between 12:30 and 12:45. Using this same format the last tournament ended at 5:30.

For a roundup and pictures of our last tournament in January, see http://www.dungeontwister.org/news_lire.php?id=42

If you need more information or have any questions, please contact me.

20 Avr 2010, 16:16

Message Just one week until the Durham, NC tournament...
The next DT tournament in Durham, NC is only one week away.

Contact me for more information or just come by on Saturday if you are interested.

Thanks,

Geoff

14 Mai 2010, 21:06
Ghost

Another fun tournament, looking forward to the next one :!:

Thanks Geoff for organizing this.

24 Mai 2010, 02:40

Message Results of the tournament
We had four players get together in Durham, NC for a fun afternoon of Dungeon Twister last Saturday. Nordiskanc and bconklin drove up from Charlotte to join jakester390 and me (gheintze).

In the first round, everyone played the base game. Bconklin defeated jakester390 5-3. Gheintze was victorious against nordiskanc, also by a 5-3 score. I was able to get both of the fireball wands, which put nordiskanc at an early disadvantage.

In the second round, bconklin and nordiskanc decided to play Fire and Water in a low scoring affair. Bconklin was up 2-1 when the clock ran out. Gheintze and jakester390 played the base game but with the rooms from the ¾ Player set. This is one of my current favorites – the ¾ player rooms provide a nice change from the original rooms and provide some unique challenges (especially the room with all the doors!). Jakester390 continued to use his troll forward strategy, but I was able to avoid him for the most part to take a 5-1 victory.

In the third and final round, nordiska and Jake played base game with the ¾ player rooms and nordiska proved victorious, 5-1. Bconklin and gheintze played Paladins and Dragons. I was lucky to get the teleportation ring to my dragon quickly and managed to fireball both his Dragon and Golem early. The final score was 5-0, but it seemed closer than that during the game.

To wrap up, we decided to try a 4 player game, The Crossing. This is an interesting team variant for ¾ players. Although we didn’t get to finish the game, it was a lot of fun and poses a very different challenge for Dungeon Twister. The strategy and tactics are completely changed. I can see that experience with ¾ player variations would certainly improve your abilities.

If only we could get ¾ player tokens for the rest of the sets and Prison. My fellow Americans and I would love that (and the European goodies as well :D ).

We’re planning the next Tournament in North Carolina for August 7th. We hope to be in the Charlotte area and meet some new opponents.

Until then, Happy Twisting!

Geoff (gheintze)

26 Mai 2010, 15:52