Nous sommes le 25 Sep 2017, 01:02

Dungeon Twister Tournament in Kansas City area - July 9 
Auteur Message
Ghost

Message Dungeon Twister Tournament in Kansas City area - July 9
I am running a DT tournay at Kantcon on Saturday, July 9. It is during the second slot (2pm -6pm).

Kantcon is being held in a ballroom at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, KS. The website is http://www.kantcon.com.

Tourney info -
Swiss format with the number of rounds depending on the number of players

45 minute rounds, first player to 5VP wins or who has the most points at the end of the round

Base sets are encouraged as most of the players will be newbies, but we may have to use some expansion pieces if we have more players than base sets (including Prison.) Please bring your DT base set if you have one. :D

Prizes and goodies provided by the League!!!

This is the first tournament that I know of in the Kansas City area, so wish us well and attend if you can! I am also running a demo and freeplay event on Friday from 2pm - 6pm as well. So, stop on by and play a few games.

17 Mai 2011, 20:35
Ghost

Message Results of the tournament and demo at Kantcon
This weekend was an exciting time for Dungeon Twister in the Midwest. Kansas City has had its ups and downs with regards to successful conventions. This was the second year for Kantcon (http://www.kantcon.com) and I wanted to run some events in an attempt to increase the number and types of events. There are always lots of role-playing events at our local cons, but few board game ones. It sounded like an opportunity to hit two birds with one stone: add some spice to the event list and expand the player base of Dungeon Twister.

On Friday I ran a demonstration event in hopes of drafting some people to fill out my tournament on Saturday. Wow!!! I had no idea the kind of response I was in store for at the demo. In my experience, demos typically attract two or three people. So, I was pleasantly surprised to discover I had six people pre-registered for the demo. When I ended up with a total of fourteen participants over the four hour period I was shocked. Tired and shocked, but very happy at such a great turn out. Many of those new players helped fill out my tournament roster for the next day.

The tournament did fill with twelve players the next day, although a couple showed up late after the first round had already begun. It was very gratifying to see so many new players (new to me anyways) who picked up the rules and strategies so quickly. Everyone played with superb sportsmanship and I had no complaints or arguments the entire time. Having such a cordial bunch of players to work with bodes well for future tournaments in the Midwest. Now I just need to get the next date set and move forward!

Congratulations to Kevin in Kansas for being the winner!

12 Juil 2011, 18:52
Paladin

It's a very great news... On day, I hope, we'll come across the ocean to meet american players

12 Juil 2011, 18:56
Profil Site Internet
Ghost

With the incredibly positive response from the new players, I like to think that there is potential for growing the player base in over here. It just needs some more publicity. Everyone likes/loves the game that plays it... at least in my experience.

12 Juil 2011, 23:49

13 Juil 2011, 11:48