Nous sommes le 13 Déc 2019, 04:13

Who are the UK’s regular Dungeon Twisters? 
Auteur Message
Ghost

Message Who are the UK’s regular Dungeon Twisters?
I noticed that there was a UK tournament attempted in 2010. I’m not sure what happened with that? I’m just looking for some regular UK members of the Dungeon Twister Leagues/tournaments so that I can get in on the scene.

If you are – do you have a BGG account so I can add you to my buddy list? I’m Arctic Jack on BGG, same as here.

Thank you.

P.S

I’m not knocking it or anything because it is better than anything I could do, but the main Dungeon Twister. org site could be more user-friendly and clear. I mean I had to read through some news articles before I stumbled across how to join. There may be a quicker way but I haven’t noticed it yet.

13 Fév 2011, 12:01
Prince d'Orl

I noticed that there was a UK tournament attempted in 2010. I’m not sure what happened with that? I’m just looking for some regular UK members of the Dungeon Twister Leagues/tournaments so that I can get in on the scene.

If you are – do you have a BGG account so I can add you to my buddy list? I’m Arctic Jack on BGG, same as here.

Thank you.

Welcome here ! I hope you will find more british players than your predecessors Bcubed/Btanchel or Hoppipola :(. They tried to create a community, but they were too little :(.

Maybe, you will have more luck. Don't hesitate, contact Bruce (btanchel) or vince (Hoppipola), maybe you could play with them and boost the kingdom community :)
Citation:
P.S

I’m not knocking it or anything because it is better than anything I could do, but the main Dungeon Twister. org site could be more user-friendly and clear. I mean I had to read through some news articles before I stumbled across how to join. There may be a quicker way but I haven’t noticed it yet.

You're right. There should be fast pages to be found on certain points.
Can you develop your point of view?
If we have time, we shall try to modify the site and to make it friendlier:)

"Dungeon Twister c'est comme les endives : plus t'en manges et plus t'apprécies" - Marco le 15/09/2008

16 Fév 2011, 17:16
Profil YIM Site Internet
Prince d'Orl

You live in Durham ? No ? In Uk, not in USA like our friend Gheintze who lives in North Carolina ! Surprising ! Amazing ! the fate ?

I hope you will so much success as him !

"Dungeon Twister c'est comme les endives : plus t'en manges et plus t'apprécies" - Marco le 15/09/2008

17 Fév 2011, 10:55
Profil YIM Site Internet
Ghost

Hoppipola has been in contact with me through BGG but I think he’s busy at the minute with his education.

Yes I’m looking forward to helping further the British Dungeon Twister community once my knowledge and experience of the game and scene progresses. I’m just a Dungeon Twister newbie, only discovering the game a few weeks ago.

Yes I’m from Durham in the UK. I think the early British settlers had trouble thinking of new names for the new land so they had to recycle quite a few.

Regarding the main site:

I’m not sure if this information is provided on the Dungeon Twister site at some location but I haven’t noticed it yet in my experience.

On the main site I found it difficult to find out how to join the league. Also the tournaments don’t have much ‘general information’ on them - like what are the actual tournament rules for playing the game? Is there a standard Dungeon Twister setup that is used universally across tournaments? How the point system works? What specific requirements you would have to meet to host a tournament. The current tournament information (titles) hasn’t been translated into English either.

It seems to me like only someone who is dedicated to furthering their Dungeon Twister experience will have the patience to find out what they need from a combination of that site and this forum. Whereas someone with a casual interest in Dungeon Twister will probably just give up and move on. This may weed out the half hearted players but for a community that would benefit from a vastly increased membership, it is stunting it’s growth.

It’s a pity that the forum doesn’t have enough traffic to host a busy English speak section too. The multi-language forum is inconvenient but probably a necessity at the minute.

17 Fév 2011, 12:03

Hello Phil,

Hoppipola has been in contact with me through BGG but I think he’s busy at the minute with his education.

Yes I’m looking forward to helping further the British Dungeon Twister community once my knowledge and experience of the game and scene progresses. I’m just a Dungeon Twister newbie, only discovering the game a few weeks ago.

Yes I’m from Durham in the UK. I think the early British settlers had trouble thinking of new names for the new land so they had to recycle quite a few.

Actually, Durham, NC is a relatively new city established in the mid to late 1800s. A train station was needed in between Raleigh and Hillsborough and the man who donated the land to the railrod was Dr. Bartlett Durham.

Arctic Jack a écrit:
Regarding the main site:

I’m not sure if this information is provided on the Dungeon Twister site at some location but I haven’t noticed it yet in my experience.

On the main site I found it difficult to find out how to join the league. Also the tournaments don’t have much ‘general information’ on them - like what are the actual tournament rules for playing the game? Is there a standard Dungeon Twister setup that is used universally across tournaments? How the point system works? What specific requirements you would have to meet to host a tournament. The current tournament information (titles) hasn’t been translated into English either.

It seems to me like only someone who is dedicated to furthering their Dungeon Twister experience will have the patience to find out what they need from a combination of that site and this forum. Whereas someone with a casual interest in Dungeon Twister will probably just give up and move on. This may weed out the half hearted players but for a community that would benefit from a vastly increased membership, it is stunting it’s growth.

Yes, this information is buried in the news section. Maybe we should put a link to the membership information and tournament rules in the upper right "League" box so that people can find it easily.

As far as how to run a tournament, it is really pretty easy. Since I usually have a lot of new players, I run standalone tournaments with the base game and/or prison. 8 or less players is three rounds, anything more than that should be four rounds. I like to have the last one or two rounds be played to 6 VP. It makes it a little more challenging. 5VP games have a time limit of 45 minutes. 6VP is changed to 1 hour. There will be more details from me about how to run a tournament in the upcoming League newsletter. But there are tournament rules on the site here: http://www.dungeontwister.org/news_lire.php?id=46

Arctic Jack a écrit:
It’s a pity that the forum doesn’t have enough traffic to host a busy English speak section too. The multi-language forum is inconvenient but probably a necessity at the minute.

Gamethyme and I are primarily responsible for that decision. We're the two anglophones on the board of directors, and we didn't want to have an designated English forrm. We would prefer to integrate into the community with our European friends. With google translate it is not so hard to communicate with our friends in France and Belgium, and most of them are pretty good with English. If there is a need, we can revisit that decision, but we wanted to strengthen the DT community by keeping everyone together as much as possible.

I hope they don't mind me answering French posts in English -- at least no one has ever told me not to.

From New Durham,

Geoff

Dernière édition par gheintze le 17 Fév 2011, 20:16, édité 1 fois.

17 Fév 2011, 17:07
Ghost

I was just guessing at the name coincidence thank you for the information, I love history. I like this saying that compares Europe with America:

100 miles in America is a short distance - 100 miles in Europe is a long distance.
100 years in America is a long time -100 years in Europe is a short time

Yes I agree keeping everyone together is the best way forward, good call.

Within your link I've tried clicking on the 'Codex Tournament' but it's not working. Is that trouble with my internet or is it actually not working?

Dernière édition par Arctic Jack le 17 Fév 2011, 18:24, édité 2 fois.

17 Fév 2011, 17:34

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ATYeArSHcQRmZG12cmp2eF80N3F6ZnJ2OGc5&hl=fr

Try this one. I found it on the referee's section of the website.

We really need to get this on the website. There are also tournament guidelines that you can download on the http://www.dungeontwister.com website that I found helpful. If you have any unanswered questions after perusing these documents, just let me know. As I said, I have an article about starting tournaments in the US in the upcoming newsletter that I hope you will find interesting.

I like your sayings on America -- very appropriate and true.

Geoff

17 Fév 2011, 17:46